The other week, Regina posted a great roundup of subtle holiday décor, and a few commenters requested more examples. Candles are one of our favorite ways to celebrate the season simply, without too much glitter. To get you started, we've gathered some ideas.
• 1 If you need décor inspiration, check out this post, which is full of great photos.
• 2 Julie and Nate's mantel incorporates colonial-style candles.
• 3 A candelabra adds old-school drama.
• 4 We love the colonial Christmas tradition of placing candles in the windows.
• 5 A scented candle is a good addition to the bathroom, especially during parties.
• 6 To learn how to make a Clementine Candle, click here.
• 7 A mirror doubles the flickering image of tea lights.
• 8 If you're interested in making tin can lanterns for your tea lights, click here.
• 9 Maxwell's list of Top Ten Party Lighting Ideas has good tips and sources.
• 10 For an eclectic look, try mixing colored candles.
Photos: Annie Schlecter/Real Simple, Lindsey Roberts, Janel Laban, McHenry County Blog, Regina Yunghans, Maxwell Gillingham Ryan, Illusion Candles, Guardian, mcotner licensed under Creative Commons, Victor Schrager/Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living