The other week, Regina posted a great roundup of subtle holiday décor, and a few commenters requested more examples. Candles are one of our favorite ways to celebrate the season simply, without too much glitter. To get you started, we’ve gathered some ideas. FIRST ROW
• 1 If you need décor inspiration, check out this post, which is full of great photos.
• 2 Julie and Nate’s mantel incorporates colonial-style candles.
• 3 A candelabra adds old-school drama.
• 4 We love the colonial Christmas tradition of placing candles in the windows.
• 5 A scented candle is a good addition to the bathroom, especially during parties.
• 6 To learn how to make a Clementine Candle, click here.
• 7 A mirror doubles the flickering image of tea lights.
• 8 If you’re interested in making tin can lanterns for your tea lights, click here.
• 9 Maxwell’s list of Top Ten Party Lighting Ideas has good tips and sources.
• 10 For an eclectic look, try mixing colored candles.
Photos: Annie Schlecter/Real Simple, Lindsey Roberts, Janel Laban, McHenry County Blog, Regina Yunghans, Maxwell Gillingham Ryan, Illusion Candles, Guardian, mcotner licensed under Creative Commons, Victor Schrager/Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living