Inexpensive or DIY paper banners and decorations are always perfect for sprucing up a party, but they're also a nice way to add some playfulness and color to your walls long after the festivities are over. We loved the paper flags adorning Briana's wall in our tour of her house yesterday and below are a few other paper decoration ideas and resources.
1. Paper flags add color to Briana's Salvaged Sanctuary.
2. Origami boats tied together with string decorate a nautical themed guest room.
3. A string of paper butterflies and inexpensive paper lanterns hang by the windows in Christine's office and bedroom.
4. A playful "mobile" made of cut paper arrows and thread.
5. This garland was designed as a thank you card, but a handmade letter banner could make cheeky wall decor.
6. A garland made from vintage pages of a Dr. Seuss book is available from Etsy seller leJeune for $8, but would also be easy to DIY using any kind of paper for a more grown-up variation of the idea.
7. Mexican cut paper (papel picado) banners are absolutely gorgeous and super-cheap. Available at Casa Bonampak.
8. Pearl River has an amazing selection of paper lanterns and garlands.
(Images 1-5: Sarah Rainwater)