Many women find, even if they had no urge to sew beforehand, having a child ignites this instinct to make things. Suddenly, it seems there are so many projects to do and many of them involve sewing. Take the plunge! To help you, we rounded up a few of our simpler sewing how tos . Use this holiday to pick one and just get started...
If you're feeling inspired- the best way to get going and gain confidence is by starting with simple projects. Don't attempt something way over your head just yet! Start with one of the projects below and check out the last two books as resources for even more easy projects. Don't forget to send us photos of your creations. Happy Presidents' Day and happy sewing!
• 1 How To: Kids Craft Cabinet Cover
• 2 How To Make an Almost No Sew Draft Dodger
• 3 How To Sew a Crib Sheet
• 4 How To: Hanging Book Display
• 5 Huggable and Loveable Dog Pillow
• 6 How To: Felt Birthday Banner
• 7 Homemade Children's Smock
• 8 How To: Outlined Placemats
• 9 The Cute Book
• 10 Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Babies