BBC News reports: "Designer Sir Terence Conran has donated £7.5m towards a project to develop London's Design Museum... The museum is relocating from its current site at Shad Thames to the former Commonwealth Institute building to make more space." Plus, the US Postal Service issues its "Pioneers of Industrial Design" stamps, Christie's announces auction events for the Elizabeth Taylor Collection, Toni Morrison's house goes on the market and Architectural Record lists the top 250 firms. More news and links below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Sir Terence Conran Donates £7.5m to Design Museum | BBC News
• "Pioneers of Industrial Design" Stamps Now Available | Apartment Therapy
• Christie's to Host Auction Events for Elizabeth Taylor Collection | Editor At Large
• Toni Morrison's Grand, Gabled Princeton Home Hits the Market | Curbed
• Top 250 Firms: Titans Maintain Lead While Industry Suffers | Architectural Record
Photo: Conran and Company