Looking forward to lounging on the beach this summer? Me too. Here are some stylish beach chairs that are good for the environment, as well.
1. Sailcloth Deckchairs, £149 from Reefer Sail Company: made from rescued boat and windsurf sails, and FSC certified beech wood. Made in Britain.
2. Deck Chair, $345 from Gallant & Jones: crafted in Vancouver BC, using North American White Oak harvested from well managed forests, and finished with a natural oil. Fabric is custom sewn in Vancouver. Pillow insert is organic cotton, and made in Portland, Oregon.
3. Beach Folding Chairs & Table, $495 from Aether Apparel: Aether Apparel partnered with Environment, a Los Angeles based furniture company, for this project. The chairs and table are made out of ash hardwood, stainless steel hardware, and finished with a matte black water based stain. The set folds down to fit inside a carrying bag that is made from a reclaimed army tent, which was cut and sewn locally in Los Angeles.
4, Wooden Folding Chair, $138 from Laughing Creek Productions: handcrafted in Seattle from recycled cedar decking lumber.
5. Beach Chair, $225 from Oh Yeah Comfy: hand built in Maine from Brazilian Cherry, and finished with pure tung oil.
MORE OUTDOOR FURNITURE ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Dala by Stephen Burks: Outdoor Furniture Made From Recycled Food Packaging
• Fashion House Marni Dives Into Outdoor Furniture Design
• Eco Friendly Outdoor: Fresh Air Furniture Collection From Loll Designs
(Images: as credited above)