A vintage bread box offers the perfect countertop storage, especially when its design is charming and pretty. Whether you're looking to further an Americana vibe you've already got going on or add an earthy element to a modern space, here are seven smart ways to repurpose a bread box into a chic and functional organizer.
(Image: Jeri's Organizing & Decluttering News)
- Keep it in the kitchen but tweak its purpose; tuck adorable mini spice jars inside for cooktop-side convenience.
- Also for the kitchen: create a countertop snack station with sticks of gum, bite-size candy and more.
- Use it to store travel-size products from your travels—hotel swag gets a new home. Place on the back of a toilet or on a shelf in the bathroom. It's a great guest feature and will come in handy when you're packing for your next trip.
- Create an all-in-one bill-pay center that ensures nothing gets lost anymore. Keep checkbooks, opened bills, invoices and stubs inside.
- Organize elastic bands, barrettes, clips and other hair accessories in the bathroom or bedroom.
- Keep it on the patio as the centerpiece—give a home to small canisters of bug repellent, sunscreen, lip balm and hand wipes.
- Opt for soft and pretty and turn it into a vase. Cut flowers (sunflowers or gerber daisies would be gorgeous) close to their stems and place in dense bunches.