Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Washington, DC
- Inspiration for my palette:
- The "room" is a studio apartment, and is actually a living room/dining room/office/library all in one! In such a small space, I wanted a happy color that would give the feel of my own sanctuary in the city. Green is fresh and vibrant, but also soothing. And this room is always cheerful.
- Colors used in my room
- Green - blue green, yellow green - any green! Because I was decorating a very small space, and wanted to use pattern, I stuck to a simple palette: green and white, with a bit of black tossed in. Using a multitude of green shades means there is no "wrong" color. The fact that none of them are exactly matched makes the palette work.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Be as bold as the color you're using! Don't hesitate to play it up with pattern or repetition.
- Green Retreat
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012