'Twas the night before job interview/big sales presentation/first date, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even—well, except for a roommate/girlfriend/husband/partner, who's making a racket foraging for snacks in a dark kitchenette. Light their way with bold night lights that boast features such as LED capabilities, dimmers and more. With options as eco-friendly as these, you'll soon be sleeping that much sounder.
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
1. The Candeli Tooli lights by Oxo ($39.99 for a set) feature two LED-lit figurines that activate when removed from their base or when the power goes out. They're one way to make the boogieman scram!
2. Spread your wings and fly with a Recycled Glass Butterfly Night Light ($36) designed by a husband-wife team of artisans in Cape Coral, Fla. Broken pieces from used Perrier, liquor and wine bottles fuse together to create this sumptuous statement piece.
3. Color this wonderful: the Leviton SNSOR-STH Automatic On/Off Color Changing LED Night Light ($8.42) has multicolored LED lights that turn on at dusk and off at dawn.
4. Looking for another option to chew on? Jellio's GummiLights ($125 each, or $500 for a set of five) boast LED lights that get 20 hours of use. At seven inches high and made of rubber, they're also a modernist take on the famous penny candy.
5. Skyy Vodka bottles, the more shattered the better, live their next lives as Recycled Glass Night Lights from Reborn Glass ($38). Lucky for you, the hangover's not included.
6. Mobi's Tyke Light Jr. ($12.99) night lights are available in three kid-friendly colors. The battery-powered LED light with three settings—high, low, or 15-minute dimmer—gives us yet another reason to hug the adorable little guys.