In general I like at least a little color in my rooms, but the bedroom is definitely the place that most entices me to want to ditch the saturated hues for a peaceful palette of whites. However, as we all know, decorating with only one color does not mean decorating in only one style. Here are a few examples of pure white's versatile applications.
• Simple, crisp white bedding and bare walls allow the whimsical headboard and light fixture to take center stage. With a variety of textures and forms, the all white room is anything but bland.
• This is taken from Ally's eclectic home, an unmade bed never looked so elegant thanks to the dreamy all white decor and intricate white mirror.
• The cottage-y horizontal wood plank walls play up the sweet simplicity of this serene room by Jane Cumberbatch.
• Oversize light fixtures and beautiful architectural details keep the room fresh and interesting while still radiating a sense of calm.
• Busted! This beautiful room by Thomas O'Brien is not all white, but it's a wonderful example of how to create interest and calm with a very limited neutral palette....plus it is one of my favorite bedrooms and I had to work it in somehow during bedroom month! White bed linens and an ivory rug create a sense of peacefulness while the antiqued mirrored doors and black accents provide touches of glamor.
Could you live with an all white room?
(Images: 1: vt wonen, 2: Apartment Therapy: San Francisco, Ally's Contemporary with a Touch of Paris Glam, 3: Jane Cumberbatch, 4: skona hem, 5: Thomas O'Brien)