A new sofa is one of the first big purchases you make when redecorating your home or moving into a new one. Most of the time, people move onto a new sofa because they object to its appearance, not because the sofa is no longer comfortable or functional. In other words, a sofa's structural integrity long outlives the fashion of its "clothes." Give your sofa a new outfit by buying a universal slipcover, or having one made by your local tailor. If you must go new, buy a sofa from a company that already makes slipcovers seasonally, and thereby increase the life — by increasing the long-term likability — of your investment. Read more for details.
The Slipcovers featured here range from organic, to 100% natural, to mostly natural fabrics. You may find it challenging to find organic or 100% natural upholstery materials in pre-made slipcovers. It's a growing trend but is not as common as we would like. If you find that you don't like what's available in the market, having a local tailor make an organic or 100% natural one is a good option.
1. KIVIK Sofa Cover by Ikea. $149.00
2. Slipcover for Aris Sofa by Crate & Barrel. $599.00
3. Classic Stripe Slipcover (Loveseat) from Overstock. $56.99
4. Sure Fit Riverstone Classic Fit Organic Cotton Sofa Slipcover from CSN Stores. $79.00
5. Organic Ottoman Slipcover, Hemp Cube Slipcover by Nikki Designs. $62.00
(Images as linked)