Whenever we see articles on how to outfit a guest room we always think, "What if we put all that effort and energy into making ourselves feel at home?" Browsing Martha Stewart's tips for creating the perfect guest room, we thought we might take this weekend to step it up a notch in our own space. Click below for Martha's suggestions.
• Set out essentials and little luxuries in a basket. (Wouldn't it be nice to make a spa basket for yourself?)
• Provide adequate closet space with good hangers. (See this post for 20 tips on organizing and upgrading your closet.)
• Keep a water glass and carafe by the bedside table. (Or buy one for your own room.)
• Hang towels on hooks with colored loops to designate which towel belongs to which person.
• If you have the space, set up a reading nook with a side table, reading materials, and good lighting. (For tips on how to create your own reading nook, see this post.)
• Make the bed with adequate pillows for sleeping and propping up the head while reading. Outfit the bed with both light and heavy blankets.
• Keep a clean entryway with space for guests (and you) to hang coats and remove shoes.
• Stock up on bathroom supplies like toilet paper, hand towels, and bath towels.
To see the full list of tips, click here.