I currently live in a teensy apartment and am spending a long Christmas holiday at my parents’ house; so, to me it just doesn’t seem worth it to go all out in decking my halls. Still, I am a sucker for Christmas decorations and I feel a little bit like a Scrooge if I don’t acknowledge my favorite holiday at home in at least some small way.So, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite little nods to the holidays and search for some new ones as well. My criteria are: the decoration cannot take up a lot of space, must be easily consumed, disposed of, or stored, and not take any time to set up or disassemble (yes, I’m that lazy).
Here we go:
1. When I lived in Chicago, every Christmas my mom would send me this Traditional Balsam Tabletop Tree from L.L. Bean. It’s cute and smells great and is a nice alternative to a wreath! $64.95
2. I have this Marimekko tablecloth in silver and draping my table in it makes my dining room look instantly decorated. The new gold version is from Crate and Barrel (in store only) from $39.95.
3. I’ve been lusting after these Lumen Oil Candle Projectors for years. While not technically a Christmas decoration, I think it would look so festive to have a little grouping of trees projected on my wall. $48
4. I bought a peacock feather wreath like this one from Décor for Your Home a few years ago and it has served me well. Like the tablecloth, this wreath hints at Christmas but can be used all winter long. I hang mine with black silk ribbon over the mirror in my front hall for a dramatic effect. And don’t worry, no peacocks were harmed in the production of these wreaths—the feathers are collected after they've been molted. $29.22
5. If you’re not big on Christmas decorations and really have no space, then I highly recommend a pine-scented candle like this one from Whispering Pines. The scent will get you feeling festive and it’s nice to use even after the holidays. $28
What are your tips for small, fast, and easy holiday decorating?
Images: 1. L.L. Bean, 2. Crate and Barrel, 3. Uncommon Goods, 4. Décor for Your Home, 5. Whispering Pines