And, we're up! Check out The Official Small Cool 2008 Contest Page with all info, submission forms, rules, prizes, you name it!...WE BOW TO YOU, OH HONORABLE READERS.... Ok, we're standing firm on raising the bar to 850 square feet for entrants to allow for more MidWest entries (this doesn't mean that amazing Micro Homes can't win), but we're listening to you and adding back in the FIVE PIC submission so that we can see more of each entry from the get go.
SMALLER THAN EVER! (okay, a tiny bit bigger. WHY? Because outside of NYC, many "small" homes are a bit bigger). Yes, it's that time again. It's our annual Smallest Coolest Apartment Contest which is sponsored this year by Room & Board. And we want you to know that we'll be accepting entries very shortly, so get yourselves ready. The starting teaser info is below...
What apartments are eligible?
1. You can live anywhere in the world but your apartment must be no more than 850 square feet and it must be your primary residence.
2. It doesn’t matter if you own, rent or even sublet your apartment.
3. If you are a professional designer and designed your entry, you must live in it at the time of submission.
4. To enter (and once we have the entry form live online) you will be asked:
• your name (how you would like to be referred to online),
• your location,
• the size of your apartment,
• the apartment type (studio, 1-bdrm, etc.),
• your favorite element,
• a favorite resource,
• and your pitch: What is the advantage of SMALL? (100 word maximum).
In addition please prepare to send us:
• a floor plan of your home, and
• 5 digital photos (with description of photo as name of file—ie. streetfacingwindow.jpg).
1. You may submit your Small Cool entry from
March 18th through April 7th through April 14th, 2008. No late submissions will be accepted.
NOTE: The Small Cool Submission Form will be going up shortly and will be posted to the front page....