Entries for our annual Small Cool Contest are flooding in, and as usual
they are filled with fantastic ideas we can mine for our own spaces...including kids spaces! Here
are a few images and ideas for your kid's room inspiration-board.
1. Framing nature: these simple framed feathers make a lovely piece of
art in Jessica's Small Home, Big Bedroom. Little kids are always
collecting things on outside walks: next time you are emptying out
pockets, why not consider keeping their little keepsakes, and framing
them to hang beside their bed?
2. Monochrome mobiles: mobiles are a regular feature of kids spaces, but can sometimes be too juvenile for modern Moms and Dads. What about going monochrome? And once you are all done above the change-table, simply bring the mobile out into the living room, like in Audrey's Architectural Interest.
3. Neutral walls, bright pendant light: Sometimes little girl rooms can get over-run with pink: pink, pink everywhere. But in Laura's Big Ideas For A Small Home, Laura has a solution for this: confining the brightest pink to her chandelier, which hangs against a neutral backdrop (gray walls).
4. Colored Shelving: another great use of color - colored shelves! These pink shelves would look just as cool in a kid's room as they do here in Sharona's Artistic & Colorful Home.
5. An indoor play house...frame? Doesn't the living room from Carmen's Small Space in Singapore remind you of having a teepee or play house indoors? The airy option of using only a teepee or house frame could be a great way to incorporate a play house into a kids room without overwhelming a small space (like here and here).
On the lookout for more nursery or kids room inspiration? So many more ideas can be found in the Small Cool Contest entries for 2013. Don't forget to vote while you're at it!
(Images: as linked)