The small kitchen might have more in common with the old butler's pantry than today's full-size home kitchens. What lessons can be learned from the small service space when it comes to our apartments' kitchens?...
- 1 Storage cabinets go clear up to the ceiling. Sure, it means having a little step ladder on hand, but the extra storage in a small footprint can really come in handy for occasional tableware. From House Beautiful via Willow Decor.
- 2 A curtain partitions off this butler's pantry/ wine room. In a small apartment's kitchen, the curtain could be open for daily living and closed when entertaining. The wine racks are from West Elm. Photo: Stephen Karlisch, Dallas Morning News
- 3 More full-height storage in this pantry by Crown Point cabinetry.
- 4 Open shelves in Martha Stewart's Turkey Hill butler's pantry. The shelving continues up over the door, something we know we could implement at home to provide some extra storage space in the kitchen. Via: Urban Grace Interiors
- 5 Bright color and plentiful natural light define this storage pantry by IS Architecture. Photo: Ed Gohlich