When your living room is on the smaller side, intentional decorating and smart furniture choices are vital to create stylish surroundings. Get inspired by these tiny-to-small living rooms that pack a lot of punch in a little space.
Take a stylish and chic approach to maximizing your compact space with these tricks of the trade.
• Make peace with loveseats, settees or small sofas. While they might not be the most comfortable choices, they provide seating without filling up the entire space. The smaller the furniture, the more room you have for other pieces.
• Take advantage of floor-to-ceiling decor. Bookshelves that go all the way up or a salon grouping of art that reaches the ceiling gives the illusion of a bigger space.
• Choose small nesting tables instead of a bulky coffee table.
• Go with one piece of larger furniture like a sectional, and then leave the rest of the room open.
• Invest in acrylic furnishings, such as the waterfall table. They tend to blend into a space, creating an open, airy, and modern aesthetic.
• Choose to light the space with stand up lamps. You avoid overloading the room with tables that traditional table-top lamps require, while still getting much needed light.
• Mirrors! They make any space look bigger and better.
2. Pure Home Style
3. The original Domino via Home for the Better
4. Traditional Home
1. House to Home
2. Decor Pad
3. Martha Stewart
4. House Beautiful
(Images: As credited above)