A friend and apartment dweller recently asked us for small play kitchen suggestions for her daughter's Christmas present. We tried talking her into some DIY ideas, but she is more the DI-Buy type. If you're in the same boat, here you go - fifteen small play kitchens (under 31" H) so your kids can play "dorm room" and "flop house" too.
- My Portable Cooker by Wonderworld ($55.99)
- Tabletop Kitchen by Land of Nod ($39)
- Kitchen Stove by Plan Toys ($50)
- The Little Kitchen by Mama Made Them ($100)
- Cocorico Cardboard Stove by Kids on Roof ($32)
- Blossom Kitchen by Wonderworld ($59)
- Ever Earth Work Kitchen by Maxim ($39.95)
- Tabletop Play Kitchen by Haba ($46.99)
- My Cooker by Djeco ($80.96, comes with accessories)
- Portable Cooker by Wonderworld ($43.99)
- In My Kitchen by Alex Toys ($64)
- Wooden Kitchenette by Boikido ($51.79)
- Wooden Cook Top by Alex Toys ($43.95)
- Toddler Wooden Kitchen Island by Guidecraft ($92.40)
- BBQ Picnic Set by Wonderworld ($31.99)
These pint-sized kitchens are ideal for small homes or if you're not sure your child is going to enjoy playing chef. If you're looking for something larger, check out our roundup of The Best Play Kitchens for Any Budget.
Editors note: this post was originally published 12/1/2009 and has been updated and added to for 2013.