Spring showers and abundant sunshine bring beautiful green grass ... and that grass is going to have to be mowed. Small yards are ideal for old fashioned reel mowers, which rely on blades powered by your own energy. Reel mowers are smaller than bulky gas and electric mowers and you can pretend it's the 1950's while you push one around.
- Ellison Evolution 18" Reel Mower from The Home Depot $124.99
- Great States Specialty 7-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower from MowersDirect $114.99
- NatureCut Classic Reel Lawn Mower from Clean Air Gardening $205
- Scott’s 20" Classic Push Reel Mower from Target $114.99
- Greenworks 16" Reel Mower with Bag from The Home Depot $89.97
- Fiskars 18" Reel Lawn Mower from Lowes $199
- Brill Razorcut 15" Reel Push Lawn Mower from Sears $278.95
Of course, you could also pick up a vintage reel mower. If you're a flea market shopper, you've no doubt passed by many of them. Take it to a hardware store to be serviced or do it How To: Service Your Reel Mower.
(Images: As credited above.)