After sharing several of the most beautiful but expensive small space beds we could find, it seemed necessary to follow up with a guide for budget shoppers. Here are 10 real-world options for studios, guest rooms, and tiny spaces — all clocking in under the $1,000 mark.
- BoConcept: This contemporary chain store has several storage beds, including the $995 Limo Bed (shown above), a platform with built-in drawers.
- Charles P. Rogers: Based in New York with an extensive online catalog, Charles P. Rogers carries several brass and iron beds under $1,000, including trundle models. The Cottage Trundle Bed (shown above) starts at $600 and could work in either a traditional or vintage-modern room.
- Restoration Hardware: Their French Academie Iron Bed is a slim design with enough space underneath for storage. It works with or without a bedskirt, and it's currently on sale for $625 - $985.
- Hayneedle: This mega-webshop has a huge selection of trundle and loft beds, and while the styles can be a little fugly, you can find basic contemporary designs if you spend some time looking. Shown above is the Astoria Daybed, starting at $510. The space underneath is large enough for storage drawers or a trundle.
- West Elm: They sell a few affordable daybeds, platforms, and storage beds, including the upward-lifting Pivot Storage Bed Frame (shown above) for $800 - $1,000.
- Room & Board: Their popular Loft Bed starts at $700 and is now available in 8 colors. Although they market it as a kid's bed, it's large enough for an adult and could work well as a guest or studio bed.
- Ballard Designs: Their Louis Daybed with Trundle is a good-looking traditional option for $999. Although it seems not quite comfortable enough for a full-time bed, it could be great for guests.
- Oeuf: This kids' furniture store makes modern twin beds that are stylish enough for a single adult. Their Sparrow Twin Bed is $890 for the frame and $290 for a slim, matching trundle that's stowed underneath.
- IKEA: At $350, their Mandal Bed Frame with Drawers is the least expensive option on this list. It's not heirloom furniture, but it's affordable and modern.
- World Market: They have several budget storage beds that aren't the highest quality, but are fine if you're looking for something simple and inexpensive. Their White Chase Storage Queen Platform Bed sells for just $500.
Re-edited from a post originally published 4/15/11 - JEL