A small room presents many challenges. Amongst trying to fit all the furniture you need in there and make it look stylish, you've also got to choose a very important path: light walls or dark walls?
While it's true that light colors can make a room seem brighter and fresh feeling, dark colors can infuse a space with drama and personality. And of course, sometimes the opposite happens! It really comes down to taste and the sort of mood you want to project.
We scoured past Apartment Therapy house tours to find some examples of small spaces with brilliantly bold dark-walled rooms and perfectly serene light-walled rooms.
1) Laura & Megan's Bright Vintage Inspired Apartment
2) Jamie & Byron's Elegant Art Canvas
3) Caitlin's Small, Stylish San Francisco Home
4) Harper & Caleb's Sophisticated Southern Gem
5) Emily Schuman's Modern Rustic Home
6) Bill Goes All Black
7) Axel's Clean & Cozy Nursery
8) Emily's Rochester Merrypad
9) Elinor & Andrew's Vertical Kind of Blue
10) Rachel & Marc's Bright, Beautiful London Home
Which do you relate to best? And how does your current home stack up?
(Images: As credited above)