How to Fit a Dining Room Into a Small Space). Which is exactly what Loving Living Small did when she threw a dinner party!
- Let the coffee table double as the dining table. Guests can make themselves comfortable on the couch or sit on the floor.
- Instead of crowding the table with bottles, set up drinks at a convenient spot nearby. Ice and glasses mean that guests can help themselves.
- A folding table or an ottoman with a tray on it can hold extra food (or a panini press!)
- Go vertical: use a tiered serving piece, stack cake stands or improvise by stacking plates and glasses.
- For a "sit down" dinner party, keep the guest list small enough that everyone has a spot to sit.
- Consider fork dinners that don't require a knife if you worried that some of the guests may have to eat from their laps.
- Use cloth napkins. If food spills, cloth will catch food and prevent a disaster better than paper.