The Una Hotel chain in Italy owns a wide range of buildings, from a historic hotel overlooking the canals in Venice to a spacious modern building in Milan. We're really intrigued by a few of their small rooms, which are designed to feel open and airy. Click through the photos above and the links below for more...
• A wall of gauzy fabric lets light through and makes the windows seem larger.
• A mirror encircled by light reflects against the bathroom walls.
• Three photographs in a series have frames that recede into the light-colored walls.
• Wall-mounted reading lights take up less space than floor or table lamps.
• In a small room, different wall treatments differentiate functional areas.
(Photos: Una Hotels)