The Una Hotel chain in Italy owns a wide range of buildings, from a historic hotel overlooking the canals in Venice to a spacious modern building in Milan. We're really intrigued by a few of their small rooms, which are designed to feel open and airy. Click through the photos above and the links below for more...The photos shown are from Una's Bologna hotel in Emilia-Romagna and Cusani hotel in Milan. For more information about Una Hotels across Italy, click here.
• A wall of gauzy fabric lets light through and makes the windows seem larger.
• A mirror encircled by light reflects against the bathroom walls.
• Three photographs in a series have frames that recede into the light-colored walls.
• Wall-mounted reading lights take up less space than floor or table lamps.
• In a small room, different wall treatments differentiate functional areas.
(Photos: Una Hotels)