Fashion designer Nanette Lepore's New York home shows she loves color, glamour and history. Her oppulent room showcases chartreuse green, silver and an array of blues ranging from aqua to dark teal. Our take is a small space friendly version of this beautiful room.
Our studio sofa pick is the biggest departure from Lepore's inspiration room, but we chose it because it's incredibly practical for small spaces. The movable hinged arms allows it to convert to a chaise, a bed and a small sofa.
Another small space tip? Use an accent table with storage (drawer or second level) in place of a coffee table. It's smaller, and easier to pick up and tuck away when you need extra floor space. Cluster two accent tables together if you need a bigger coffee table.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Nanette Lepore's home from Elle Decor
2. Studio Day Sofa plus Slipcover in Leaf, $529.98 from Cost Plus World Market
3. Reproduction of A Spanish Woman, 1855 by Gustave Courbet, $201.59 from 1st Art Gallery
4. Winmark Chair with Pillow in Distressed Silver, $618.00 from Gail's Accents
5. Sanira Mirror Side End Table, $182.99 from Overstock
MORE FASHION DESIGNER INSPIRATION ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Runway to Room: NY Fashion Week Translated to Interiors
• Fashion Meets Decor: 60s Mod + Contemporary Decor
(Images: As credited above)