Whether you're living alone in a studio or a family of four in a two bedroom, multi-purpose home goods and small space living go hand-in-hand. Save space and live with less with these five double duty must-haves.
5 Double Duty Must-Haves for Small Space Living:
- A bench that not only serves the purpose its title suggests but can also be a coffee table or extra seating is the perfect double-duty space saver! Available from Etsy seller Urban Wood Goods for $245, this piece is handmade from reclaimed wood.
- If you know your way around a kitchen, then you'll attest to the usability of a dutch oven. Whether you're making soup, boiling pasta, sauteing or baking a pot pie, a dutch oven will serve you for years. Yes, they are expensive, but a quality one will last for decades. It's heirloom design at its finest. Pictured here is a 4.5 quart Le Creuset Signature Round Dutch Oven; available from Williams-Sonoma for $220, this tool is worth is price.
- Living small can mean not having abundant space for the luxuries, or sometimes the necessity, such as a laundry basket. Simplify and purchase a collapsible laundry basket that not only takes up just a foot or two, but can also go with you. Simply grab and go! Available for $13.91, this Honey-Can-Do Pop Up Mesh Hamper from Amazon will serve you well.
- Sixteen ounce Ball Jars are perfect for making salad dressings and storing leftovers as well as being used as drinking glasses. A box of 12 costs $10.59 from Amazon. Check out their 8 ounce counterpart, available in packs of 12 for $15.38; they are perfect for serving wine and storing condiments! Jars are also super sturdy and don't often break!
- A screwdriver that serves multiple functions, such as this one from Klein Tools, will come to the rescue in times you don't even anticipate. Available from Home Depot for $21.97, it will easily store away in even the smallest studio. Whichever you purchase, make sure it has various fittings for you to change and easily stay organized.
Readers: Tell us what are your favorite double duty must-haves?
(Images: as linked)