If you need more storage, are short on space or just dream of a house where you can run your vacuum across the floor without running into any piece of furniture, you'll love the eight DIY projects in this post — all off-the-ground, stylish pieces that will float on your walls (or ceiling!) as functional furniture. And best of all, small spaces in particular benefit from a good floating furniture piece because you can customize to fit snug spots!
Pictured above: 1. A floating nightstand by Brett Bara.
2. Floating corner banquette seating spotted on Maynard Made.
3. Cool floating industrial-inspired beds found on Infarrantly Creative.
4. Cute little floating book shelves for any room, seen on Delightful Mom.
5. Build some built-in looking floating shelves in a nook, like as seen here on ReMadeIt.
6. A gorgeous floating storage credenza is such a sleek and modern look to add to any room, and this one is made from affordable elements you can find at IKEA. See how to do it on Nalle's House.
7. Transform a weird nook or unused closet into a tiny mudroom with a floating shelf! See how to do it on Nalle's House.
8. Forget letting a big table or desk take up a lot of much-needed space. Just make this cool floating desk to have a place to work. Spotted on No. 29 design.
9. This favorite small, circular table from Monsters Circus is sweet and simple.
More floating furniture inspiration:
- Space Savers: Floating Tables, Cabinets & Baskets
- Small Space Solutions: Floating Desks
- Floating Table Inspiration On The Cheap
- Best Wall Shelves: Floating and Modular Systems
Have you recently completed any DIY projects that involved hanging or floating a piece of furniture to save space (or create storage)? Share what you did in the comments below!