Oh, the ottoman. I feel like it's such an underrated piece of furniture. It's like this extra piece that's floating around and doesn't really get the respect it deserves. You will spend loads of time picking your sofa and chairs, but what about the ottoman? If you live in a small space you may already be on to this, but they can be a small space dweller's favorite piece of furniture.
They're really so versatile. Even the most basic style can perform double duty, but many styles are even more — it's a foot rest, a table, a seat, a storage space, all in one. Here are 12 double (or more) duty ottomans for you to consider to maximize your small space.
There are really endless options when it comes to ottoman style — these are just a handful. You can have your choice of fabrics, materials, shapes, colors, etc. to find one that works best with your decor.
1. Scarlett Storage Ottoman, Joss & Main
2. Samar Ottoman, Crate & Barrel
3. Stockholm Foot Stool, Ikea
4. Apilles Tray Ottoman, Joss & Main
5. Rhys Ottoman, Anthropologie
6. Aiden Grey The Sac De Moulin Wooden Cube, Lavender & Fields
7. Collins Storage Ottoman, Joss & Main
8. Tilden Storage Bench, West Elm
9. Plum & Bow Ava Large Storage Ottoman, Urban Outfitters
10. Threshold Tufted Storage Ottoman, Target
11. Happy Chic Tufted Storage Ottoman by Jonathan Adler, JC Penny
12. Stash Aqua Storage Ottoman, Crate & Barrel
(Image credits: Melissa DiRenzo)