In my apartment with just one small closet, shoe storage is my biggest challenge. This is compounded by the fact that I have a definite shoe shopping problem. (Why must there be so many great looking shoes!) To help the other space challenged shoe collectors out there, here's a handy shopping guide with storage pieces and ways to use them.
- TRONES Shoe Cabinet from IKEA Mount on or stack against the wall in an entryway or closet. Buy two sets to line a hallway or create a large wall mounted storage piece by bunching them all together. $39.99/3 pack
- Milano 24-Pocket Overdoor Shoe Bag from The Container Store Skip the door and hang this on the wall of your closet by using screws where the hooks would be placed. Buy two and you'll have room for 24 pairs of shoes. $19.99 each
- Supreme Adjustable Rolling Shoe Rack from Crate & Barrel In an open space you can create a warehouse vibe by neatly lining your shoes on this rolling rack and leaving it out. Or, if you have a small closet, wheel it in and out for easy access. Holds 50 pairs of shoes. $74.95
- Stackable Two-Tier Shoe Rack from Vermont Country Store These simple wood racks are a great starting point for customizing shoe storage. For under $100, you could buy up to six of them as a base a DIY project. Paint, stack, stagger and find a way to make them work. $14.95 each
- 3-Tier Low Iron Shoe Rack from Bed Bath and Beyond Make use of floor space in a closet with these metal shelves. The shelves interlock so you can connect multiple units horizontally. $39.99 each
(Images: As credited above.)