There's no reason to let limited closet space cramp your style. With a garment rack you can turn your wardrobe into a display and free up precious closet space for more important things … like shoes. Check out this roundup of garment racks — 7 to buy and 3 to DIY — and bring your style out of the closet.
• Commercial Garment Rack from Container Store, $49
Leave it to a store that specializes in managing our stuff to sell one of the best garment racks. This rack scores great reviews and it's a great price too.
• RIGGA Clothes Rack from IKEA, $15
This probably isn't a rack you'd want sitting out in your room but for its affordability it'll get you by in a pinch.
• Chrome plated rolling rack from Robert H Ham, $60
The extra storage on the bottom of this rack could be utilized for shoes, folded clothes or even a small hamper.
• Handcrafted Galvanized Steel Garment Rack from AC Pipe Designs, $230
The beautiful thing about etsy is you can get the handcrafted look without the blood, sweat and tears. This garment rack is on trend with its modern industrial design.
• Medium Duty Garment Z-Rack from ClothesRacks.com, $110
The splash of color on this rack could help liven up the room - and a neutral wardrobe.
• Made to Order Industrial Garment Rack from Tyler Kingston Wood Co, $200
Another shortcut to the DIY look, this rack is also available with a double shelf.
• Boutique Raw Steel Salesman Rolling Rack from StoreSupply.com, $68
If it works for a salesman, it should work for your everyday wardrobe.
• DIY Rolling Rack by HrrrThrrr
We love this rack as shown in yellow but it could be adapted for any color scheme.
• Split The Lark's Cool & Colorful DIY Clothes Rack on Apartment Therapy
With detailed instructions and supply list, all you need is the sweat equity to build this DIY option.
• How To Make a Rope Wrapped Hanging Clothes Bar on Apartment Therapy
If you can't spare the floor space for a garment rack, this DIY suspended rack keeps your fashion off the floor.
(Images: 1. Mike's Surprising Student Studio; All others as credited above.)