Perfect for a petite nightstand, these small lamps promise not to sacrifice space for style (or vice versa)...
- The Pablo Tube Top Small Lamp comes in a rainbow of colors and its base leaves just the tiniest of footprints. You could even rest your cell phone in the middle while it charges. Available at Design Public for $110.
- Taking up less space than the stout Fado, this bowling pin light lets off the same warm glow, but with a cheeky sense of humor. Simply tip it on its side (or onto the floor if there's no room) to turn the light off. On sale for $19.99 from Urban Outfitters.
- The Airswitch 1 is cleverly turned on and off by a wave of the hand over the top of the lamp. Since you don't need access to a switch, it can fit in any hard to reach space, including on the floor for a bit of ambiance lighting. On sale at Lamp Lust for $89.99.
- A bit wider than the other featured lamps, but still with a diameter of only 9", the Ikea Jonsbo Ilsbo has a great gourd-like shape rolled into a diminutive 13" height. Best of all, it's only $19.99.
- At a much higher end of the price spectrum, these Castore table lamps start with a slight wisp of a base and balloon out to between 5 1/2" to 16 1/2" in diameter. Prices range from $230 to $665 from Artemide.