You may not have the time or money to redo a whole room in your home, but that doesn't mean you can't make small upgrades that will help you get out of a decorating slump. Upgrade to matching hangers for your closet, buy some fresh flowers, or get a new set of sheets. Click below for more ideas.
• Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs. According to the government's Energy Star program, if every American household replaced one standard bulb with a CFL, we would prevent greenhouse gases equal to the emissions of 800,000 cars. Click here to read about the environmental benefits of switching to compact fluorescent.
• If you're still using mismatched wire hangers from the dry cleaner, upgrade to a matching set to keep clothes organized and in good condition. Image above via Henry Hanger.
• Change your old grimy PVC shower curtain liner out for a machine-washable version. Two places to look for options: Heather's popular post on Target's White Waffle Weave Shower Curtain and Janel's post on Plastic Shower Liner Alternatives.
• If you haven't already, upgrade to green cleaning products. Since you use cleaning products almost every day, this is one of the most important changes you can make in your home.
• Replace worn-out sheets and use the old ones for rags. Click here for a few recommendations for new bamboo sheets.
Top image from All About Eve's Fall Cure Closet.