Southwest residents, are you ready to represent and enter our annual Small Cool 2008 Contest? We're looking for the most stylish small space solutions in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Western Texas. For all the details, the submission form, rules, prize information, and a regional map, jump below...
Ok, we're standing firm on raising the bar to 850 square feet for entrants to allow for more MidWest entries (this doesn't mean that amazing Micro Homes can't win), but after reading all your feedback, we've increased the total photo submissions to FIVE so that we can all see and enjoy more photos right from the start for improved judging.
SMALLER THAN EVER! (okay, a tiny bit bigger. WHY? Because "small" in many cities outside dense metropolitan regions is subjective, and many readers have asked for a slightly more lenient definition so they can participate too). This year's Smallest Coolest Apartment Contest is sponsored this year by Room & Board. And we want you to know that we're now accepting entries here at ATLA for all Southwest cities and states as shown below (please note Texas has been divided into east and west, with all cities west of Austin belonging to ATLA):
What apartments are eligible?
1. You can live anywhere in the world but your apartment must be no more than 850 square feet and it must be your primary residence.
2. It doesn’t matter if you own, rent or even sublet your apartment.
3. If you are a professional designer and designed your entry, you must live in it at the time of submission.
4. To enter (and once we have the entry form live online) you will be asked:
• your name (how you would like to be referred to online),
• your location,
• the size of your apartment,
• the apartment type (studio, 1-bdrm, etc.),
• your favorite element,
• a favorite resource,
• and your pitch: What is the advantage of SMALL? (100 word maximum).
In addition please prepare to send us:
• a floor plan of your home, and
• 5 digital photos (with description of photo as name of file—ie. streetfacingwindow.jpg).
1. You may submit your Small Cool entry from
March 18th through April 7th through April 14th, 2008. No late submissions will be accepted.