Try these ideas for bringing small-scale pattern into your bedroom decor scheme:
• A bolster pillow to complement your existing bedding is always a nice touch. John Robshaw does beautiful small-scale Indian-inspired patterns that look great paired with subtle stripes or florals.
• An upholstered bench at the foot of the bed provides a nice bedroom accent, and a small-scale pattern layered against a large-scale print duvet (or a plain white duvet) would be a nice touch. If you want to go DIY, look for a flea market or craigslist bench with a drop-in seat that can be easily reupholstered with a staple gun.
• Consider a wallpaper headboard, trimmed to look like an actual headboard framing your bed. A small-scale pattern in an unexpected color or even a metallic would be a nice complement to neutral bedding.
• Try a throw blanket or quilt folded along the foot of the bed. These can be easily removed if you grow to feel like the added pattern is too busy.
• A comforter or quilt with subtle stitching in a small-scale pattern (see fifth photo above) adds both visual texture and tactile interest.
Do you go for small-scale patterns in your bedroom, or do you favor bold, graphic prints?