This is what you call a triple threat: it's a multi-functional piece of furniture; it's a clever means of storage; and it can divide a room. These multi-functional headboard walls still keep air and light circulated, without closing off space entirely. They can also save a lot of space.
1. Above, VT Wonen shows you how to make a DIY version. On wheels, you can place it in different spots around the room, which makes it versatile on top of everything else.
2. This headboard pony wall, from Domino, is a great modern solution that builds in a bookcase, bedroom lighting, and a top shelf.
3. House to Home featured this bedroom/bath combo separated by a custom wall which has space for shelving, lighting, and even a mirror. Drawers are incorporated into the sides of the structure as well.
4. This apartment in Madrid, from Mi Casa Spain, cleverly partitions bedroom from bath. There's even an added shelf, so no need for nightstands that take up more floor space.
5. Although it doesn't appear to have storage, this Parisian apartment's cement wall hits two of the three functions (and looks fantastically industrial next to the oversized floral wallpaper).
6. This modern wall from Turnbull Griffin Haesloop is part headboard, part dresser with tons of drawers. Its short stature also ensures that the space looks and feels open and airy.