There are three types of people who need this list: One, couples who are filling out a wedding registry but already have all they need. Two, people who have had the same hand-me-downs since college. And three, anyone who just wants to treat yo' self. It's time for an upgrade.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, either. Think of it more like a thought-starter: If you're looking to spend a little cash and upgrade something around your home, these are 10 things where a little extra money can go a long way in style, comfort or convenience.
- Your mattress: Spend where you sleep.
- Sheets & towels: Go for spa-quality linens.
- Toaster oven: Modern smart compact ovens are powerful and accurate.
- Blender: For smoothies, or margaritas, or heck – the really nice ones can make soup.
- Knives: You don't need a butcher block full set, you just need one good, solid chef's knife to do 90% of the work in the kitchen. → Buying the Basics" 5 Terrific Chef's Knives
- Cookware: Invest in a set, or go piece by piece, starting with the pots and pans you use most.
- Coffee maker: Get a fresh one with new features, or go whole-hog and upgrade to an espresso machine to be your own personal barista.
- Garbage can: Oh, the joy of operating a touch-less garbage can as if you were a magician–it's only matched by the delight of not actually having to touch your garbage.
- Luggage: Name brand, or not, here's a chance to upgrade to something that isn't falling apart.
- Vacuum: Dyson, Riccar, Miele. Whatever floats your boat and sucks your dust.
Do you have anything to add to this list? What's worth upgrading, when you get the chance?