You have an arsenal of ordinary items in your garage, pantry or closet. We are talking the car wax, mustard, and even panty hose. Well, good news: you bought more than you bargained for. Because each of these household staples has a litany of alternate uses, wisely handed down over generations — all of which add up to a lot of financial, practical, and environmental sense.
- 15+ Glorious Uses for Wax Paper at Home
- The Best Non-Toxic Cleaners That You Already Have at Home
- 5 Weird Uses for Yellow Mustard (That Totally Work!)
- 20 Interesting Household Uses for Old Pantyhose & Stockings
- 10 Reasons Why Car Wax is Your New Best Friend at Home
- 4 Random (But Helpful) Uses for Castor Oil at Home
- 8 Surprising Uses for Tea Tree Oil at Home
- 50 Clever New Uses for Old Things in Your Kitchen
- 15+ Uses for Tension Rods You've Never Thought Of
- 5 Household Uses for Fine Grade Steel Wool
- DIY Holiday Decorating Ideas: 7 Ways to Use Drop Cloths
- 10 Great Uses for Shredded Paper
→ Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.