Talented photographers share their skills with Apartment Therapy in house tours and blog posts all year long, but some shots just stand out and stick with us. A great photograph is one that captures a subject's spirit perfectly, that pulls you in to the visual experience and that inspires. These a few of our favorites from Apartment Therapy photographers in 2013, chosen by Maxwell, our founder.
- January: The best photograph was actually...a Vine video tutorial by Joelle Alcaidinho in Using Vine to Teach, Learn, and Connect In Just Six Seconds!
- February: A cute photo bomb by a dog in front of a baby by Adrienne Breaux in Sam & Anne's Cozy Modern Blend
- March: The new technology of home cooling and heating control by Chris Perez in How To Install a Nest Thermostat
- April: Bold neon colors captured by Ashley Poskin in Kirsten's Bluebird of Happiness House
- May: A glimpse of the future by Joelle Alcaidinho in Hands On With a Vision of the Future With Google Glass
- June: Playful fun by Bridget Pizzo in The Figgle Family's Cozy First Home
- July: Colors and patterns everywhere by Justice Darragh in Karen's Color Explosion
- August: Calming and relaxing on the water fantasies by Jacqueline Marque in Chris and Kristen's Dreamy Houseboat
- September: Beautiful collaboration by Alexis Buryk in Sara & Becky's Collaborative Abode
- October: Moody and sleek by Justice Darragh in Greg & Rob's Sky Suite
- November: A desert dream by Lindsey Kay Averill in Tim's Urban Desert Light Box
- December: Someone happy with their home by Kim Lucian in Lauren's Happy, Inspired Studio
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2013 roundup! From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.