As any modern design lover notices from time to time, it can occasionally feel like sleek lines and sharp edges are taking over. Sure, plush cushions and sumptuous textiles can help, but you sometimes need a little something stronger to take the "edge" off.
Nothing will soften a room, add a little comfort and bring in a little sensuality like a strong, no-nonsense curve. We're tempted to call these five items we found "lumps of design," but that frankly just sounds weird. We think you'll see what we mean. Giving off a relaxed, almost shapeless look, these five items mean business when it comes to diminishing hard lines and would do wonders to soften any room's look.
1) West Elm's Pebble Side Table $149
2) Urban Outfitter's Globetrotter Pouf $149
3) CB2 Knitted Poufs $90 each
4) DWR's Granit Salt + Pepper Shakers $38
5) How Now Design's Hand Painted Wooden Tea Light Candle Holder $20
Does your space need softening? Or do you like a room full of sharp lines and sleek edges? Let us know.