I'm actually in the market for a new desk chair myself, an incentive for revamping the home office. Names like Eames, Herman Miller and Emco usually come to mind when thinking of seating but there are plenty of other options. Remember, like your bed for sleeping, a quality chair will keep your body healthy ergonomically, comfortable throughout all day long and most importantly, help your office look 100 percent better.
Consider how many hours you spend sitting at a desk, whether be it at home or work. It's probably just as long as you spend sleeping in your bed. For the sake of your back, invest in a chair that is comfortable, puts you at height that works with your desk and will last for years to come. Here is a beginner guide to ergonomics from About.com.
While not all of these desk chair picks are designed for ergonomics, they are designed for style. Choosing the right chair for your home office is an important step to completing your workspace. Just as important as your desk or paint color, the chair completes work area and is the most dynamic component of the space. Here are some picks from classic, to contemporary and modern.
- Ripple Leather Office Chair by Crate & Barrel - $299
- Molded Plastic Armchairs by Eames - $229-$399 at SmartFurniture
- Notch Chair by Crate & Barrel - $199
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco (now with Coke!) - $230 at DWR
- Aeron Chairs by Herman Miller - $932+
- Swivel Desk Chairs by Pottery Barn - $399
- Freedom Saddle Seat, Leather, by Niels Diffrient - $820
- Wrap Office Chair by West Elm - $199
- 1950s Leather Copenhagen Chair - $1,465+
- Nine-0 Swivel Armchair by Ettore Sottsass for Emeco - $880