control. Of course there are a wide variety of options available, from inexpensive DIY solutions to cute and colorful retail selections, and from these we've picked our favorites including a reader suggestion.
Earbud untangling the easy way:
- We've found cable ties to be quite invaluable when it comes to keeping headphone cords under control. If you opt for this method make sure the tie is not fully zipped so there is enough room for some cord slack.
- Another tool we use frequently are twist ties, the kind that usually secure bread. The advantage of using these is that they are inexpensive and plentiful.
- It seems we always have a rubber band around our wrists and we have been known to put these to good use in getting our earbuds in line.
- Have an old hotel room card key around? Follow Jesse's instructions to turn it into an earbud holder.
- We think this earbud solution suggested by reader Soniaalemany is quite clever and also earns bonus points for being inexpensive and sleek looking.
- Prefer to buy a cord control solution? Check out the Cordctrl, a tiny solution made out of silicon available in wide range of colours.
- While not particularly easy for the non-dextrous, we do think that some good cord control can be found via knots like those shown in this handy guide.
- Called Cable Turtles, these colorful cord wranglers are available in three different sizes.
- While the Tunewear Tetran looks like a dog toy, it is actually an earbud storage and control device with earbud storage built into the mouth.
- Another classic DIY option is to use a paper clip. Unbend the paper clip far enough so that the wrapped cord can slide in and voila, cheap cord management.
- One of our favorite spots to stash our workout earbuds is on the fridge, the Magneat makes this easy with its magnetic disc to wrap cables around.
- We love the bright green of the Wormy and think our white headphone cable will make a very fetching "worm" as it winds through this green leaf.