We showcased a gallery of kids rooms earlier today that used animal heads as decor. Some of you still think they're creepy, but maybe it's just the idea of taxidermy that turns you off. Think of them, instead, as hanging sculpture. Many of them are downright works of art.Row 1:
1. Matsutake on Etsy: El Toro (the bull) made from a repurposed hand-embroidered Oaxacan dress and denim ($125).
2. Anthropologie: animal busts made from repurposed cement bags and vintage paper. Animals include gazelle, giraffe, zebra, elephant and rhino ($68-128).
3. Misfit Menagerie: Lamb, buck, deer, doe, or hare made from wool felt and fabric ($20 -75).
4. La Factoria Plastica on Etsy: paper mache sheep, zebra, deer, goat or unicorn ($85).
5. Tamar Mogendorff: handmade fabric deerhead with gold or silver sequined antlers ($440).
6. Ruby's Lounge on Etsy: made to order resin animal heads covered with decorative paper ($335).
7. Z Gallerie: A selection of resin animal heads in white laquer - moose, deer, gazelle or horse ($50-250).
8. Planet Fur on Etsy: wool felt trophy heads (smaller ones are magnetic) including a bear, narwhal and rhinos ($22-35).
9. Anatomically Incorrect Creatures on Etsy: made to order from eco-felt. Animals include elephant, deer, dino and moose ($30-70).
10. Squackdoodle on Etsy: plush animal heads including a fox, unicorn, giraffe and elephant ($25).