Whether you're renovating your kitchen or simply switching out appliances, there are a lot more options out there than the ubiquitous stainless steel. Retro and vintage appliances can give a kitchen a fun new (or should I say old?) attitude. Check out these suppliers for vintage and retro (but new) appliances…Of course, buying a stylish vintage or retro inspired appliance is going to cost a bit more than your standard new Maytag. If you feel like it's worth the extra dough to make a fashion statement with your appliances, you'll want to check out these stores.
• Big Chill makes new energy efficient appliances with a retro look. Available in an assortment of fun colors, from the light blue refrigerator in the first image above, to the orange dishwasher and even a blush-y pink model.
• Elmira Stove Works, a company that has been crafting vintage-styled appliances since 1975, offers this 1950 Mint Green Northstar Refrigerator in a number of retro colors.
• Elmira Stove Works also stocks North Star retro ranges – in gas and electric. Shown here is the eye catching 1954 Candy Red Northstar Electric Range. The stoves are offered in 8 more colors, and you can also request a custom hue.
• Savon Appliance in Burbank, California sells restored vintage stoves. This green and white late 1940's O'Keefe & Merritt has been re-porcelined and re-chromed.
• AntiqueAppliances.com is a great source for online shoppers. They offer restored vintage appliances, like this blue 1956 Philco Combination refrigerator/freezer, and they ship anywhere in the USA.
• Dream Stoves specializes in fully restored vintage ranges from the 1920s through 1950s. All stoves are disassembled, repaired and then reassembled. In the end, they look almost new.
Images: As credited above.