The humble storage bench is one of the most versatile pieces of furniture you can find. Growing up, we always had a few in our house: a Shaker-style bench that doubled as a coffee table, a more slender version that held sheet music at the piano, a toy chest that held our "dress-up costumes." Click below for 10 places you might be able to use one in your home...• 1 In an entryway, it holds your stuff and doubles as a seat to tie your shoes.
• 2 At the foot of the bed, it holds extra pillows and blankets.
• 3 In a living room, it works as a coffee table that hides remotes and magazines.
• 4 A version with open shelving can double as a media stand.
• 5 In a child's room, it's a toy storage bin.
• 6 A storage bench tucked into an alcove becomes a banquette.
• 7 An outdoor version hides your gardening supplies.
• 8 A tall version provides extra seating in the dining room and stows your linens.
• 9 In a bathroom, it stows clean towels.
• 10 A home office bench holds books and office equipment.