MATERIALS & TOOLSShare the tools used for your project: We were inspired by the Ralph Lauren guide to aging wall treatment. We used sandpaper, primer, paint, the RL glaze, an assortment of paint brushes and rollers, wood fill, painters tape, and (most fun) green glass knobs. We didn't include in our picture the numerous old bath and beach towels used to clean up the "Great Primer Spill of the Century".
Share step by step instructions for how you completed the project:
- Remove hardware, pulls and hinges from cabinetry.
- Number and sand all surfaces.
- Prime (don't leave the full can of primer on top of the fridge...), and paint all surfaces, allowing 24 hours to set between applications.
- With one person applying the glaze, another person follows with a rag, wiping off excess glaze, and letting it settle in the corners and mouldings.
- Add a pretty variety of antique glass knobs from our favorite store, Anthropologie. Voila!