• Assignment: Read Week 7
• Flickr Pool: Southwest Flickr Pool
• Flickr Dscussion: Southwest Flickr Discussion Board
This week is a short week since you're either hosting Thanksgiving or you're a guest. So let's make the most of the days we do have a turn the bedroom into a place that is restful and rejuvenating (even if you can only do a small part of what you want, this is the time to get started). If you're away from home take note and see if the room you're staying in feels luxurious and wonderful or it feels sort of awkward and uncomfortable. When you get home see if you can diagnose your room and make it better! All assignments, tips for making a bedroom feel great and Swap update after the jump:
First off--thanks to everyone that came out for the Swap on saturday, it was a resounding success! You guys brought a ton of stuff and let us haul it away (just like on clean house!) so that you could go home a little lighter. We've got plans for another, bigger one now that we know how much interest there is in something like this. And we have been in talks to have it on the eastside!
But on to Week 7!
Week 7 Deep Treatment
Clean out and declutter the bedroom and the closets
Get an air filter if you need it
Assess the state of your sheets, do you need to replace any? overstock is an excellent place to look and Sunset has a great run down of eco friendly bedding.
Make sure your bed is against a good wall Avoid having your head against a wall that is shared with a bathroom!
Does your bedroom inspire you What would it take to make it someplace special? Turn back to your style trays and see if you can pinpoint a detail that would help your bedroom.
Week 7 One Room Remedy
Clean all your workspaces
Arrange your furniture and lighting
Hang your Art
Some tips and tricks that make our own bedroom feel luxurious
• We make the bed every morning
• Fresh flowers
• Wash sheets about once a week
• Down comforters and tempurpedic pillows keep us cozy
• We keep a window open in the evening because we like a cool room to sleep in
• We keep good books and a lamp on the nightstand along with a glass of water
• We keep from storing things under the bed
• We have really good shades that keep the light out in the morning.
• Look! A Big Black Bedroom
• Look! Grey Bedrooms
• Look! Dark Blue Walls in the bedroom
• 14 Ways to Spruce Up the Bedroom Without Buying Anything New
• Best Cure Bedroom Makeover
• Sexy (?) Bedroom
All of this begs the question: How do you make your bedroom a sanctuary? A place for sleeping, for relaxing, and for getting down? Share your tips, your challenges and your successes!