Ah, the weekend. When focusing and relaxing are the raison d'etre. Maybe you'd like to put a few last minute touches on your home to make it company ready or join us at Le Swap (link and details, after the jump). Whatever you do, do some hanging out in your home this weekend. Take a long soak in the tub and have a spa night, eat at home, catch up on old magazines, read a book (maybe even try your hand at a media fast). As you move through your home, consider what you can do to up the coziness factor, so your home feels as comfortable as your favorite t-shirt?
Here are some questions to ask yourself as we wind down:
This weekend we'll be hosting Le Swap at Surfas, an incredible kitchen supply store located in Culver City on Saturday morning at 10 am. Bring the contents of your outbox -- or just your self and your questions -- and join Laure and I in person for a coffee. Learn more here..
- Clean bathrooms and related closets: get rid of stuff you don't use and start using stuff that you've been "saving" for guests.
- Declutter cabinets and closets: putting like items together and then grouping them by colour can go a long way towards making a space look and feel neat and that's really half the battle.
- Arrange your bathroom efficiently: toss what you're not using.
- Upgrade your razor and shaving supplies: you deserve to feel pampered every morning.
- Purchase bath salts and a nice soap: a great fragrance, if you're not allergic, can make the whole room smell great.
- Place a candle in your bathroom: and use it. Light it at night while you're getting ready for bed or while you take a shower or a bath.
- Consider scents for your home: sticks, rocks, candles, room sprays, plug-ins -- fragrance comes in many different forms.
- Plan for the week ahead on Sunday: look at your calendar and balance your week between work and play, going out and staying home, productive nights and veg nights.
- Wake early and take a bath before work: follow Gregory's lead and use this time to meditate in the bath.
- Optional: consider a media fast for the next week: try it for a day. Here are some tips if you're game.
- Optional: straighten your desk at work: are there things in your outbox that can be used to make your desk at work more functional or attractive?
One Room Remedy
- Finalize your lighting arrangement: uplights, task lights, overhead lights -- every room should have at least three sources of light.
- Get painting: Call in a professional if you're overwhelmed.