With two weeks to go, it's time to slow down. This week, we're moving into the touches that add coziness and luxury to your home. We're taking a look at our lighting and working on our bathrooms. We're eating at home more, using our homes more and taking better care of ourselves by shutting out the distractions of the outside world (Some of us are even considering a media fast and a morning bath.) Our home is becoming a haven. This week, we'll consider other ways of pampering ourselves: better bath products, scents for the home, improved lighting...
- Clean out the medicine chest: This should only be filled with things you use daily. We put our aspirin, medications we only take occasionally, band aids, etc. in a pretty box in the closet.
- Men: treat yourself to a new razor and shaving supplies.
- Women: go through your make-up and toss anything you haven't used in a year; mascara should be replaced every three months, especially if you wear contact lenses.
- Consider replacing your shower head with a filter or a rain shower head and moving bottles off the floor into a wire caddy that hangs from the shower head.
- A candle in here is a small touch that feels very luxurious.
- We've switched to generously sized bath sheets to dry off after a shower and hand towels for everyday and for our hair.
- Take a moment to spritz down the shower with a shower spray after use, use a toilet brush to give a quick scrub to your bowl daily and wipe down your sink when you're done and this room will stay a lot cleaner and smell a lot better.
- Clean bathrooms and related closets
- Declutter cabinets and closets.
- Arrange your bathroom efficiently.
- Upgrade your razor and shaving supplies
- Purchase bath salts and a nice soap
- Place a candle in your bathroom
- Consider scents for your home
- Plan for the week ahead on Sunday
- Wake early and take a bath before work
- Optional: consider a media fast for the next week
- Optional: straighten your desk at work.
One Room Remedy
- Finalize your lighting arrangement
- Get painting