- Cure Clock: 7 weeks remaining
- Assignment: Read Chapter Five and figure out a place for an outbox. Details after the jump.
- Flicker Pool: Southwest Cure Pool. Add your pix!
Okay, you made it through week one, your home is clean and ideas about how you want your home to be are dancing around your head. YAY YOU!! Time to give yourself a little cheer and pat yourself on the back for all that you've done. Taking a moment to look back and celebrate what we've done is just as important as looking down the road to see where we're going. Often we're so busy going, doing, seeing that sometimes we forget just being. As much work as we'll be doing on our homes, it's important to take a few minutes at the end of each week to celebrate what we've done. Take a few moments to savour your accomplishments and write down everything you did (share it with us in the comments!). When you're ready, take a look at what's in store for this week...
Love Lisa Makes board. It's a good reminder that messy is part of the process. That's what the outbox is for. Dump all the stuff you're not sure what to do with here and then pick and choose what you want to put back in.
This week's about clearing out, decluttering and planning. Time spent on this week's assignments will have big dividends later, whether it's a clean kitchen to cook in or a clear direction of what your rooms are for.
- Fix one thing in your apartment yourself: Look at your list and pick something you can easily accomplish. Squeaky floors? Try baby powder. Slow drain? Try this.
- Clean your kitchen from top to bottom and throw away old food. If you like, you can donate to a food bank or give it to a homeless person. We often challenge ourselves to get creative and eat from our pantry this week.
- Find a new recipe and cook one meal at home. Check the Kitchn for ideas.
- Buy a water filter and use it: Get a portable water bottle as well so you can tote your own from home instead of buying bottled water.
- Run your hands over every wall in your home.
- Clear space for an outbox and start using it!
- Determine your style. Take a good look at your style tray or try this quick test.
- Choose the date for your housewarming. This gives you a goal!
One Room Remedy
- Decide what activities you want in your room and where they will go
- Buy, borrow or make a floor plan tool: Here's some info about one on HGTV; BHG also has one.
- Map out the room that bothers you the most and work out your solution: Stuck? Send it in to us as a good question!
- Name your vision: Have fun!
- Build a shopping list. Even if you won't get to all of it this cure, a dream list keeps you focused.