dzinelvrslc found this ottoman and bright orange throw in the "as is" section at Ikea. The bright orange colour of the throw brightens up the neutrals of the rest of the room and is like a cozy ray of sunshine on a rainy day.
- Cure Clock: 4 weeks remaining
- Assignment: Read Chapter Seven, declutter all media and create a master shopping list
- Flicker Pool: Southwest Cure Pool. See how everyone is doing! Upload your progress photos! Share your success!
So, here we are at the end of the week, halfway through. How's your living room? Decluttered or getting there? This weekend, we want you to go into your kitchen, make yourself a nice hot beverage and take it into the living room and just sit there for ten minutes and survey the room. Then make a list of everything you've accomplished in the last four weeks and pat yourself on the back. Woo hoo! You're doing a great job. Revel in your accomplishments and please share them with us in the comments...
Lisa Makes is considering two options for her landing strip (current landing strip is on the left). Which option do you like or can you suggest another option for her? (She's leaning towards the one in the middle). The red and white piece is a mail holder she found on EBay)
Some thoughts on your shopping list: Don't forget that if your budget is tight, there are places like Freecycle, the free section of Craig's List or the street that can yield great finds that only require a little time to make them great. (Plus, we'll be having Le Swap soon). We've blogged a number of ways to transform your furniture including using a photo, paint (do it yourself or ask your local auto body shop to do it with high gloss auto paint, a finish which mimics lacquer) and mirrors. The "as is" section of Ikea is a great resource and their unpainted wood furniture is the perfect foundation for your imagination.
Sparklerawk decided to hang her knives on her kitchen's door (which always stays open). They're accessible and they double as art!
- Clean up Living Room and Related Closets
- Declutter all books and media
- Confirm what you need to increase or decrease colour in each room
- Identify what you need to increase or decrease softness in each room
- Cook three meals at home this week
- Send out your housewarming invitations
One Room Remedy
- Begin your shopping list and enter all prices into a spreadsheet
- Decide on the total scope of the work to be done
- Consider hiring a professional organizer
- Visit a paint store this week to get samples