Welcome to Everyone Who Signed Up for the Southwest Cure!
wrathinla, LisaMakes, keemka, micheleyu, chusmabilly, veaz, abbee3, SydneyB, kelbel, IPreferAngie, Ruma Mildwater, pink_pants, Kelly:), Deglazer, dbianca23, nicole_F, ARemade, Seaside, lagirl358, handprint, edie, noaccountingfortaste, Rhi, sparkle, betabethany, MosesMonster, kfab, octaviaorca, BellaEBrutto, sandiegoAT, stephanieokay
lsmorie, misanthropic777, nae02etc, animalhouze, J.L, tamar
krisalis903, paulam26, ashleym, owentx
This week is all about gaining some momentum and breathing some life into your home. How do we do this? We start by mopping or vacuuming the floors, buying ourselves flowers and taking one thing out of the house and putting it out on the street. Once you've made some space for yourself, start collecting inspiration for your style tray!
• Make a complete list of repairs and solutions.
• Vacuum and mop the floors.
• Remove one item from your apartment and put it outside
• Buy Fresh Flowers (get creative here, you can add branches from the garden, fall leaves from the park, a big green leaf from a plant you have growing, etc).
• Sit for 10 minutes in a part of you home that you never sit in.
• Invest in some eco friendly cleaning products.
One Room Remedy:
• Choose one room
• Gather up a style tray
• Visit your favorite home store
• Set a budget
Some useful links:
>>Southwest Flickr Pool
• Check out past House Tours for style tray inspiration
• The Fall Colors Contest is another excellent place to gather inspiration.
• Here are some easy How To's to consider (like this How To: cover walls with starched fabric).
• Flower Inspiration, here too!
• Remember that the Cure isn't about buying a bunch of new stuff, it's about using what you've got (and eliminating what you don't love or use).
• For natural cleaning products we go to Target and buy Method (anything Lavender!). Call us crazy but we don't like the smell of Mrs. Meyers (anyone else feel this way?). For other natural solutions check out this post and this scrub and the natural cleansers archive.
It's not too late to sign up!